1. Podfic submissions should meet one of the following criteria as outlined in the community sticky post
2. You must
obtain permission from the author of the fic (unless, of course, you are reading your own fic). Please make sure that the author is aware that you are sharing your podfic on this community. If the author has already left a comment on the authorial permission list
or has in some way or another given permission in advance, then you don't need to contact them separately, but if not, please get in touch with them.
3. More than one person can sign up to record the same fic. Similarly, collaborations with more than one reader are also welcome.
4. Sign-ups will close on 2012 January 28
. You are welcome to record and submit additional qualifying podfics that are not mentioned in your initial sign-up, if you have extra time before the deadline; just let the mod know.
5. Record your podfic by 2012 March 2
. If you would like the mod to provide hosting, please email your audio file to tarigwaemir at gmail dot com by this deadline.
6. If you do not require hosting, post your podfic anytime during the posting period: 2011 March 2-March 8
. The mod will post all podfics received in email.
7. All participants are welcome to submit their podfic to the audiofic archive
and/or crosspost to amplificathon
after their podfic is posted on this community.
8. If you plan to podfic a story that isn't already written (i.e. if you plan to orally narrate a new story yourself or if you want to collaborate with a writer who will write a story specifically for you to podfic), just make a note of it in your sign-up instead of providing a title, and describe how the planned podfic will fit the challenge requirements. (E.g. be sure to mention the fandom and character(s) the story will feature or the dialect/language you plan to record in, depending on what aspects meet the challenge requirements.)
If you plan to participate in the chromatic_podfic
challenge, please comment to this post with the following information:Name:Contact info:
(either a Dreamwidth/LiveJournal account that receives PMs or an email address)Fic title(s) and author(s):
(see clarification below)Dialect/language:
(if applicable)Hosting needed?
* As a point of clarification, the idea is to help people go into the challenge with some sort of plan, so please don't view sign-ups as a binding commitment. You're welcome to sign up with several possible fics that you want to podfic, even if you end up running out of time for all of them. You're also welcome to record a fic that you didn't sign up for, as long as your podfic still meets our community criteria.
The community sticky post
includes a list of links that may be helpful, including a pronunciation/language beta list
and an authorial permission list
Sign-ups are now closed!